Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I miss them already

My parents were here for a 3 week visit recently and the time flew by way too fast. A 3 week trip is short for them, it's usually more like 5-6 weeks! We had so much fun in that time though. I swear we were busy doing Washington-type stuff almost every day! There is just so much beauty here, it's almost impossible to go somewhere and not be amazed. Below are some pictures of our adventures.


My Dad trying to keep Griffin from chasing the 2 fawns


Griffy and my dad on the east coast of Whidbey


My mom with the kids - we were out stretching our legs on a road trip along the Skagit River



After Jillian's ballet recital

I have the sweetest parents - so willing to help out with the cooking, laundry, cleaning, and they never tire of playing horses with Jilly (Doug and I are pretty worn out on that one!). Their visits are always fun and always seem too short. Poor Jilly cried for an hour after they left :( They plan on coming out again for the November birthdays (Griffin's, Jilly's, mine and my dad's) so we have that to look forward to. I know Jilly will be counting the days till they're back!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hey! Love your new layout! The pictures are awesome as always...it looks like you had a great time. You sound so much like me...never enough time with your parents. I hope we can get together sooner than later and have our kids all meet! An assignment close together would be great. :)

Kelley said...

Hi Karla! What a nice surprise to hear from you! Of course I remember you...and I'm so happy to see you've got a blog! Your family is absolutely lovely and your abundant joy just radiates from you. I hope we can keep in better contact now! :)