Sunday, July 13, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

I haven't written much lately because we've been so busy having fun with my parents here. My mom finally got the go-ahead from her Dr. to do some traveling so they flew up 2 weeks ago just in time to get here for Jilly's recital (I need to post about that too). Jilly was thrilled they were able to make it. So, for the last 2 weeks we've been doing all the fun Whidbey Island stuff - touring the quaint towns of Coupeville, Anacortes and Langley, walking the beautiful beaches, visiting State parks, picking the very abundant berries that grow here, shopping, eating yummy seafood and next week we're driving to Mt. Baker to do some sight-seeing, hiking and picnicking. We've been blessed with clear and cool, sunny days and gorgeous views of the mountains lately. The weather here isn't always nice (that should be WA's real state motto) so I'm glad it's been cooperating for my parent's visit! I really need to post some pics, but I'll get around to that after they leave. Today we're off the the tide pools of Rosario Beach, a favorite spot of my kiddos. I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

can't wait to see the pics. Sounds like a fun visit!

Susan said...

Glad to hear you are having a great visit with your family...I know how much they mean to you. The pictures you sent me were amazing and I am super jealous! It sounds like you can keep yourself quite busy up there with all that beauty to explore. Enjoy!!! Love and Hugs!